The CEDIA Awards program honours the top home technology projects designed and
installed by CEDIA member home technology professionals. The competition offers
a chance to be recognized within and outside the industry as a leader in your field.
Installations can be entered into multiple categories and are judged by industry
technical experts. Additional sub-categories are judged by an Architectural Panel
Judging Team, comprised of experts from the design build industry and home
technology journalists. Entrants compete and are recognized within their region,
Americas, EMEA or Asia Pacific, based on their primary location.
A winning entry should demonstrate technical excellence in all aspects of design,
installation and commissioning while meeting all applicable industry performance
standards. The project should be well documented and be executed using recognized
project management strategies. It should complement the aesthetic treatment of
the environment in which it is installed and be easy and safe for its users to
operate. It should not expose its owners to security threats and be easily expanded
and adapted in the future. Finally, it should demonstrably enhance the lives of those
who own and use it.
Winners receive coverage in prominent trade press, enhanced listing in CEDIA
Finder Service, highlighted in CEDIA’s outreach to architects, builders, designers,
homeowners, and mainstream press and are featured in the CEDIA Awards
The 2017 CEDIA Awards will open on Monday, March 13 and will close on Friday,
It is free to enter the Home Technology Product category.
(Please note: Entry does not include a ticket to the CEDIA Show Awards event on
Wednesday, September 6, 2017 in San Diego, CA.)
JUDGING PROCESS and Timeline
• Installation Awards Program opens on Monday, March 13, 2017.
• All entire are due by Friday, May 12, 2017.
• All entries will be evaluated and finalists will be selected by industry
professionals. (Entrants compete and are recognized within their region, Americas,
EMEA or Asia Pacific, based on their primary location.)
• Regional finalists announced the week of July 17, 2017.
• Asia Pacific winners will be announced at the Integrate Show the week of
August 28, 2017.
• Americas winners will be announced at the CEDIA Show Awards event on
Wednesday, September 6, 2017 in San Diego, CA.
• EMEA winners and global winners will be announced at the EMEA Awards
event on Friday, September 29, 2017. (Global categories recognized will include:
Home Cinema, Integrated Home and Media Room).
• Auto, Marine and Aircraft
• Home Cinema
• Innovative Solution
• Integrated Home
• Lighting Control and Installation
• Media Room
• Multiple Dwelling Unit Design
• Special Project
(Must be a finalist/winner in another category)
• Best Dressed Rack (Judged by technical experts)
• Best Documentation (Judged by technical experts)
• Best Aesthetic Installation (Judged by an Architectural Panel Judging Team)
• Best Lifestyle System (Judged by an Architectural Panel Judging Team)