Clay Paky launched the GLOW-UP STRIP 100, a battery operated wireless LED batten (IP65), at the recently held ProLight+Sound show. GlowUp Strip 100 is a LED bar for professional stage light-ing, with mixed battery/mains power supply and mixed ca¬ble/wireless control. 10 powerful RGB-W multi-chip LEDs are arranged in a line inside a 100 cm linear aluminium housing suitable for outdoors use (IP65).
The fixture cre¬ates a curtain of brightly colored light, with a beam angle that can be adjusted from 14° to 70° using an electronic motorized zoom. The LEDs can be controlled separately in groups of 5 (left and right side), and the original “white power saving’ function helps optimize power consumption.
Thanks to its battery and wireless control, GlowUp Strip 100 is particularly suitable for use in temporary events and tours.
The batteries allow 10 hours of operation (at maximum consumption) and they are recharged when the bar is put into its flight case or when directly connected to the mains.
The bar can be connected to a DMX console via cable or through the built-in DMX wireless device. It can however also operate without any external controller with a master/ slave configuration, using one of the many preset color sequences or a user-defined color sequence, uploaded in its DMX-recorder.
The unit operates in any position, can be placed on the ground or anchored to a structure and it features two con¬venient handles to ease transport. Several bars can be placed in a line or in a matrix, keeping the distance be¬tween the LEDs fixed.
BATTERY-POWERED LED BAR SPECIFICATIONS
• Power supplies: Internal battery (full power battery life: 10 hours)
• Mains power supply: 100-240 V 50/60 50-60 Hz
• Light source: 10 X 15W RGBW Ostar LEDs (OSRAM)
• Distance between LEDs: 100 mm
• Rated light output: 3000 lumen
• LED power consumption: 100 W
• Power consumption: 130 W
• The color of the LEDs can be controlled separately in groups of 5 (left and right)
• DMX-controlled electronic motorized zoom: 14°-70°
• Optional diffuser or ovalizer filters, which may be adjusted to provide a beam of light with controllable width
• Dimmer: linear from 0 to 100% on a dedicated channel
• Adjustable speed stop/strobe effect, with instantaneous blackout
• Silent operation
• New design high performance electronics
• Preset color and effect macro
• Input: Neutrik Powercon
• Control channels: 12 basic channels
• DMX512: 5 pin XLR IN-OUT
• Wireless DMX: Tx/RX operating modes
• IP65 protection rating (IP65 protection socket cover)
• Flight case for 4 bars with mains power socket for battery charger